Monday 5 January 2015

New Year Resolutions

I'm not a big one for New Year Resolutions but now is the time of year when every blogger trots out an update about them so I ought to say something.

In fact I'm not big on waiting until particular times to change something or start something new; if something's worth doing why not start it immediately? It's the same at work - if I have an idea for something I will mention it there and then, not wait for my annual review to bring it up. Why wait?

I do have a list of things I would like to achieve in 2015, although nothing that I would call a resolution in any way whatsoever.

I would definitely like to read and review an awful lot more books; I have Goodreads to refer back to to see if I can beat 2014s (woeful) tally. I'd also like to read more independent authors and a wider range of work. They say travel broadens the mind, well so does reading widely different books.

I'd like to blog a lot more; I think of things to write and then when I sit down at the keyboard they seem rather trite (as indeed does this). But then surely that is the essence of blogging? I'm going to aim for one a week at least but there's no guarantees in this game.

Following a discussion today I'd like to learn more British Sign Language. Fitting that in between everything else is tricky especially as - with learning any language - it must be somewhat immersive. However I'm sure games of sign language I-Spy with my youngest son will continue.

So there are my vague plans for 2015. Hopefully you have somewhat better and firmer goals than mine. All power to you to see them through.

No comments:

Post a Comment